Prof. Dr. Ennapadam S Krishnamoorthy
(ESK) MBBS, MD, DCN (Lond), Ph.D (Lond), FRCP (Lond, Edin & Glas), MAMS (India), FIMSA, FIPS
President of the International Neuropsychiatric Association (2018)- the first person working in a developing nation to be so elected
Adjunct Professor- Public Health Foundation of India
An Internationally recognized Neuropsychiatrist with special interests in epilepsy & dementia; integrative medicine; models of comprehensive care and rehabilitation he has founded and leads a hub-spoke model of comprehensive care for chronic diseases in Chennai that blends western objectivity with eastern mindfulness; modern scientific knowledge with ancient clinical wisdom, and the fine art of patient care.
- Rich and diverse two-decade long background of clinical and senior management experience across 3 countries
- Over 75 scientific publications, 40 articles in the lay press, two edited books & two coffee table books
- Has lectured to diverse audiences across 4 continents; and has organized and led over 100 workshops/ symposia.
- A teacher with past and current academic appointments: Public Health Foundation of India, TN Dr. MGR Medical University, Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, University of Madras, University College London.
- Youngest Indian Neurologist & first Indian Psychiatrist to be elected Fellow of all three Royal Colleges of Physicians in the UK (Glasgow, Edinburgh & London)
- Recipient of the prestigious President’s Medal of the Royal College of Psychiatrists for contributions to community neuropsychiatry
- An academic leader who has chaired the International League Against Epilepsy- Commission on Psychobiology; the World Health Organization- World Health Report 2012 (Dementia), Executive Committee Member of the International Neuropsychiatry Association (since 2004) and Asian Society Against Dementia (since 2005).
- A healthcare industry leader- chaired the Confederation of Indian Industry- Healthcare Panel (Tamil Nadu, India) for 3 consecutive terms.
- Social Impact Leader: Was Honorary Secretary of the prestigious Voluntary Health Services, Chennai for a full and productive 3-year productive term
- Many other awards and honors of significance